Aesthetics is closely related to creating a therapeutic environment (homelike, attractive.) It is important in enhancing the hospital’s public image and is thus an important marketing tool. A better environment also contributes to better staff morale and patient care.
Aesthetic considerations include:
- Increased use of natural light, natural materials, and textures use of artwork.
- Attention to proportions, colour, scale, and detail.
- Bright, open, generously-scaled public spaces.
- Homelike and intimate scale in patient rooms, day rooms, consultation rooms, and offices.
- Compatibility of exterior design with its physical surroundings.