Are you planning to build or restructure or venture in any Medical Colleges in India? Looking for information about the guidelines and norms to build up a medical college. In this article Hospaccx Healthcare Consultancy has mapped all on possibilities and eligibilities to start up a medical college in India.
Below is the superficial and macro level survey if you need a refined market and financial feasibility or any other study related to healthcare is required you can contact Hospaccx Healthcare business consulting Pvt. ltd on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Or you can visit our website on www.hhbc.in
During the past 11 Five years Plans, healthcare facilities in the country have been upgraded substantially and the healthcare facilities in Private Sector have grown exponentially in the country. The evidence on the actual functionality of existing Sub-Centers (CHCs) and hospitals in the Government sector is mixed. Further, medical colleges are unevenly spread across the States, in urban and rural areas and present wide disparities in the quality of education. The shortfall of human resource in health has resulted in skewing the distribution of health workers such that vulnerable populations in rural, tribal and hilly areas continue to be extremely underserved. The situation of human resources in health in the country is evolving, but remains inadequate.
Trained and competent human resource is the foundation of an effective healthcare delivery system. The registration data from professional councils indicates that the availability of one doctor per population of 1953 (HLEG Report) which is far less than that recommended by WHO norms of one doctor per 1000 population. Further, to meet the requirements of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) there is need for improvement in the country’s present doctor population ratio from 0.5 per 1000 persons to one doctor per 1000 persons by the end of the year 2027. As per the HLEG Report, the proposed need of doctors (allopathic) and specialists at health facilities by the year 2022 as follows:
PROPOSED NEED OF DOCTORS BY THE YEAR 2022
Eligibility to Start a Medical College:
- A State Govt./Union Territory;
- A University;
- An autonomous Body promoted by Central or State Government or under a Statute for the purpose of medical qualification;
- A society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 for corresponding Acts in States; or
- A public Religious or Charitable Trust registered under the Trust act, 1882 or the WAKFS Act, 1954.
- Companies registered under The Company Act, 1956.
Qualifying criteria i.e. conditions to be fulfilled for starting a medical college.
- Medical education must be one of the objectives of the applicant trust/registered society.
- A suitable single plot of land measuring not less than 20 acres must be owned and possessed by the applicant or is possessed by the applicant by way of 99 years lease for the construction of the college.
- The applicant must submit the Essentiality Certificate from the concerned State Govt. for establishment of the proposed medical college.
- The Consent of Affiliation from the University concerned.
- The applicant owns and manages a hospital of not less than 300 beds with necessary infrastructure facilities capable of being developed into a teaching institution in the campus of the proposed medical college.
- The applicant has not admitted students in the proposed medical college. The applicant provides two performances Bank guarantee in favor of MCI for the prescribed sums varying according to the number of admissions, one for the establishment of the college and the other for the hospital. Government Medical Colleges are exempted from submitting performance Bank guarantees.
- The college shall be set up only in the plot earmarked for that purpose.
SCHEDULE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS FOR ESTABLISHMENT OF NEW MEDICAL COLLEGES AND PROCESSING OF THE APPLICATIONS BY THE MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA
Medical College Guidelines as per seat-wise:-
If you need any support in Planning and Designing of a new Hospital OR Medical College you can contact us: Hospaccx healthcare business consulting Pvt. Ltd on: firstname.lastname@example.org . Or you can visit our website www.hhbc.in.