Are you planning to build or restructure or venture in any healthcare venture in Hyderabad ? Looking for information about the major healthcare players in government, private diagnostic centers that are available in Hyderabad ? Are you looking to find out which part of the of the city’s is best to venture in or what all facilities are available and what all should be planned for new setup? In this article Hospaccx Healthcare Consultancy has mapped all on major players in terms of medical facilities and healthcare scenario in Hyderabad, Telangana India.
Below is the superficial and macro level survey if you need a refined market and financial feasibility or any other study related to healthcare is required you can contact Hospaccx Healthcare business consulting Pvt. ltd on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Or you can visit our website on www.hhbc.in
A COMPREHENSIVE MARKET REPORT ON HYDERABAD’S HEALTHCARE
Hyderabad is the capital of the southern Indian state of Telangana and de jure capital of Andhra Pradesh. It occupies 650 square kilometers along the banks of the Musi River. It was established in 1591 by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah, Later Mughals captured the region in 1724. The Nizam’s dominions became a princely state during the British Raj, and remained so for 150 years, with the city serving as its capital. The city continued as the capital of Hyderabad State after it was brought into the Indian Union in 1948, and became the capital of Andhra Pradesh after the States Reorganisation Act, 1956. Since 1956, Rashtrapati Nilayam in the city has been the winter office of the President of India. In 2014, the newly formed state of Telangana split from Andhra Pradesh and the city became the joint capital of the two states, a transitional arrangement scheduled to end by 2025.
- Golconda and Hyderabad painting styles.
- Metalwork handicraft.
- Zari and Zardozi, embroidery works on textile that involve making elaborate designs using gold, silver and other metal threads.
- Kalamkari, a hand-painted or block-printed cotton textile.
- Cusini including Hyderabadi biryani and Hyderabadi haleem.
- Popular native dishes include nihari, chakna, baghara baingan and the desserts qubani ka meetha, double ka meetha and kaddu ki kheer (a sweet porridge made with sweet gourd).
- Kuchipudi and Bharatanatyam dance styles.
- Residents of Hyderabad play city-based marfa music, dholak ke geet and qawwali.
- Golconda Music and Dance Festival, Taramati Music Festival Premavathi Dance Festival.
- The city is home to the Telugu film industry, popularly known as Tollywood.
- In 2005, Guinness World Records declared Ramoji Film City to be the world’s largest film studio.
Geography and Climate:
- Situated in the southern part of Telangana in southeastern India.
- Greater Hyderabad covers 650 km2, making it one of the largest metropolitan areas in India.
- Average altitude of 542 meters.
- As of 1996, the city had 140 lakes and 834 water tanks (ponds).
- Annual mean temperature is 26.6 °C.
- Maximum temperatures often exceed 40 °C between April and June.
- Minimum temperatures often dip to 10 °C between December and January.
- Heavy rain from the south-west summer monsoon falls between June and September.
- Population:7 million in the 2014 census
- Population Density: 18,480/km2
- Sex Ratio: 945 females per 1000 males
- Literacy Rate:96% (male 85.96%; female 79.79%)
- Official Language: Telegu and Urdu
- Other Languages: Tamil, Marathi, Kannada, Marwari, Malayali, Oriya, Guijarati, English, Punjabi and Hindi.
Economy of Hyderabad:
The economy of Hyderabad, the capital of Telangana, India, is based on traditional manufacturing, the knowledge sector, and tourism. Starting in the 1990s, the economic pattern of the city changed from a primarily service hub to a more diversified economy, but the service industry remains a major contributor.
Hyderabad is the capital of Telangana, and the city is the largest contributor to the state’s GDP (Gross domestic product) and state tax. In 2011, Hyderabad generated revenues of Rs. 700,000/- million (US$11 billion) and contributed a third of the state’s tax revenue. The per capita income of Hyderabad was Rs.294,000/- in 2014-15. In 2008, the nominal GDP was US$60bn, placing the city fourth in India and 93rd in the world. Hyderabad and its suburbs house the highest number of special economic zones among India’s cities.
HYDERABAD > SMART CITY:
Major development under smart city:
Hyderabad, a confluence of ancient cultural heritage and rapid modernisation, is one of the important educational, business and trade centres in the country. The Hyderabad Metropolitan Area is witnessing rapid urbanisation due to business and employment opportunities as well as a better living environment, making it the fourth-most populous city and the sixth-most populous urban agglomeration in the country. The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is a pioneer in the planning, development and management of civic amenities to improve the quality of life of its citizens.
Hyderabad has qualified as one of the 100 cities to be developed as a Smart City under the Smart Cities Mission of the Government of India. GHMC is currently in the process of formulating its Smart City Proposal to participate and compete in the nationwide Smart City Challenge.
GHMC has launched a comprehensive citizen engagement programme at multiple levels, which is an integral part of Hyderabad’s Smart City Proposal. As part of this engagement, GHMC is seeking input from its citizens in the form of comments, suggestions, smart solutions and ideas to enable area development and pan-city improvement in the following priority sectors:Area Development Plan:
- Retrofitting of the existing area
2. Redevelopment of the area
3. Greenfield development
- Pan-city Improvement Plan:
- Transportation and mobility: Connectivity, pedestrian facilities, bicycle facilities, parking, signals and flyovers, road quality, public transport system
2. Solid waste management: Cleanliness in public places, dustbins, waste collection coverage and system, transportation, treatment and recycling
3. Environment and sustainability: Water body conservation, rainwater harvesting, cleanliness and ambience, tree cover/plantation, open spaces and parks, pollution control
4. Safety, security, and disaster management: Lighting on roads and in public places, woman and child safety, senior citizen safety, CCTV-based city surveillance, disaster management and response mechanism
5. Housing: Encroachments and slum rehabilitation, affordable housing
6. Water supply: Quality and quantity of water supply, metering, operation and management, services
7. Sewage:Collection, treatment and recycling/reuse
8. Storm water drainage: Waterlogging, discharge of drains and disposal
9. Sanitation: Public toilets, maintenance and services
10. E-governance and citizen/tourist facilities
11. Robust IT connectivity and digitalisation
12. Health services
14. Other areas of improvement
Hyderabad > HEALTHCARE:
Medical Colleges in Hyderabad:
Ø Osmania Medical College:
Osmania Medical College is one of the oldest and most renowned colleges in India. The college is affiliated to NTR Health University. The college offers Bachelor, Master and Paramedical courses in various specilities. The college was established as a Hyderabad Medical School in the year 1846. It also one of oldest institutions in world. The major hospital associated with the college is Afzalgunj Hospital. It has 9 other teaching hospitals affiliated to it where students rotate at different time-intervals during the program. The college is recognized by Medical Council of India since 1951.
Ø Deccan College of Medical Sciences:
The Deccan College of Medical Sciences was established in the 1984. The college is affiliated to the NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada and recognized by the Medical Council of India. DCMS is established and administered by Dar-us-salam Educational Trust under the provision of Article 30(1) of the constitution of India. The college is associated with Owaisi Hospital & Research Centre and Princess Esra Hospital.
Ø Bhaskar Medical College:
Bhaskar Medical College is the pioneer Institution in the field of medical education. The college come under JB Educational society, which was established in the year 1993 with the aim of providing quality professional education and meeting the expectations of the students of the Andhra Pradesh. The College has three renowned Academic Administrators, eminent scholars and the former illustrated Vice Chancellors of Osmania University and JNTU on the panel of Governing Bodies and the Advisory Bodies.
Ø Sri Sai College of Dental Surgery:
One of the leading colleges of dental surgery is the Sri Sai College of Dental Surgery. It is situated in Rangareddi, Andhra Pradesh. This College has all the facilities required to provide a good base to the aspiring dentists. The lush green and huge campus attracts all students towards it. The infrastructure of the college is also remarkable.
Ø Dr CC Mattei Electro Homoeopathic Alternative Medical College
Dr CC Mattei Electro Homoeopathic Alternative Medical College is one of the reputed institute in the state and it is affiliated to the Council of Electro Homoeopathic System of Medicine and Research & Development institute. It aims to give the best education to the trainee doctors. Its campus is well-furnished and its classrooms are digital and air-conditioned. It is having a well-equipped labotary. It teaches the students by the courses to be successfully real fighter towards chronic diseases. Its main motto is to introduce the system of Electro homoeopathy among the people to the system who has showed that it has a grand potency to face almost every dreadful or chronic disease without surgery and side effects.
Ø Apollo Physiotherapy College:
Apollo has accreditation for 30 Diplomate of National Board (DNB) training courses for doctors in various disciplines such as Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Critical Care, Endocrinology, ENT, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Microbiology, Nephrology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopedics, Pathology, Pediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Radiology, Radiotherapy Respiratory Medicine, Transfusion Medicine and Urology. Apollo has 11 schools of Nursing and 2 schools of Hospital Management and Physiotherapy. In Hyderabad it offer the Bechlor’s Degree in Physiotherapy.
Major Government hospital in Hyderabad:
Ø Osmania General Hospital: (1168 Beded)
The Osmania General Hospital is one of the oldest hospitals and is one of the best Governmenr hospitals in the country and is located at Afzal Guni, Hyderabad. The hospital belongs to the region of The Last Nizam, Osman Ali Khan. The hospital is being run by The State Government with the mission of rendering quality patient care for the needy at no cost.
- Government Maternity Hospital: (200 Beded)
Government Maternity Hospital is located at Afzal Guni, Hyderabad, near City College. The Hospital caters to the need of pregnant women and offers excellent antenatal, intra natal and post natal care along with immunizations of new born. A number of antenatal complications such as gestational diabetes, gestational hypertension and anemia are catered to at the hospital with the help of highly educated and experienced gynecologists.
Ø Government Nizamia General Hospital: (180 Beded)
The Hospital is commonly known as Government Unani Hospital and is a public hospital rendering both Unani and General Medicine for free. The hospital was established during the reign of Nizams and is located near Charminar. The Hospital offers a number of different specialties such as Opthalmology, Dentistry, gynecology, Pathology, Surgery. Unani medicine is rendered for Functional neurological disorders, viral hepatitis, Bell’s Palsy, diabetes, nephritis, Bronchial Asthma, obesity, hemorrhoid etc. It is also attached with a teaching facility Government Nizamia Tibbi College.
Ø Government ENT Hospital:
This is one of the Oldest Specialty hospitals in Hyderabad, India. The hospital is located in Koti and is being run by the Government of Telangana. The hospitals serve people with Ear, Nose and throat diseases in and around the state of Telangana. The Building in which the hospital is located is a Nizam’s heritage monument The Audiology department in the hospital receives more than 200 patients. The hospitals take care of newborn screening, hearing loss, hearing assessment, verifying hearing impaired cases and rehabilitation The hospital also has a special education school for the physically challenged.
Ø Niloufer Hospital for Women and Children: (500 Beded)
The hospital is located at Red Hills and was named after the last daughter of the Ottoman Empire, Princess Niloufer. It is one of the best government hospitals for pediatric surgery and is being supported by top class diagnostic facilities.
Ø T.B. & Chest Hospital: (670 Beded)
This Top Best Tuberculosis hospital is located at Erragadda, Hyderabad. It is located at a spacious location in Erragadda and belongs to Nizamuddin Fakhrul Mulk. Screening, treatment, and vaccination for tuberculosis are the predominant function of the state-run TB hospital, which is able to keep the condition in the society under control.
Ø Government Ayurvedic Hospital:
The Hospital is located opposite to ESI Hospital and is located near AG Colony. Dr. B.R.K.R Government Ayurvedic College is attached to this teaching hospital. Ayurveda is the oldest system of Indian Medicine and Ayurvedic treatment modalities are associated with minimal or no side effects. More people are moving towards the Ayurvedic medical system and this Ayurvedic Hospitals helps them in finding holistic medical care.
Major Private hospital in Hyderabad:
Ø Apollo Health City: (350 Bedded)
Apollo hospital in Hyderabad is a known medical organization throughout the globe with regards to medical outcomes and technical expertise. This incredible achievement has been made possible by an expert team of doctors and modern infrastructure facilities that have enabled the evolution of Apollo Health City in Hyderabad. This is an unique achievement and a first of its kind health city across Asia that offers comprehensive health solutions at one place.
Ø Yashoda Hospital: (1400 Bedded)
Yashoda Hospitals in Hyderabad are known to provide high quality medical treatment to patients via its 3 branches located in Secunderabad, Malakpet and Somajiguda. A strong management and astute leadership has ensured that the hospitals have made a mark for themselves in Hyderabad for health care services. Advanced equipments and quality assurance to provide treatment for multi disciplinary medical ailments ensures that patients are rendered with nothing less than best in terms of medical aid.
Ø Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital: (300 Bedded)
Aware Gleneagles Global Hospital is one of the profound medical institutes across Hyderabad city. It offers world class medical care facilities with state-of-art infrastructure. This hospital is equipped with latest technological tools and most challenging medical advancements for various treatments.
Ø Citizens Hospital: (300 Beded)
Citizens Hospital is an esteemed medical institute offering multi-speciality health-care services and facilities across Hyderabad city. It has an infrastructure with latest technologies that follows accessible, comfortable and patient-centric approach. Over time, it has invested in introducing latest and best technologies to provide best diagnostic, therapeutic and treatment assistance to its beneficiaries.
Ø Continental Hospital: (750 Beded)
Continental Hospital is one of the largest health-care communities across Hyderabad. It has been contributing dedicatedly towards top notch patient care, using the most superior technologies and world-class services and facilities. It is equipped with world’s latest and modern interventional, diagnostic and scanning technologies for its treatment and therapy purposes.
Ø Sunshine Hospital: (500 Beded)
Sunshine Hospital is one of the prominent medical institutes in Hyderabad. Its main objective is to make world-standard medical services affordable and accessible to people. It consists of a strong team of professional expertise and specialists to ensure best health-care delivery to its patients.
Ø MaxCure Hospital: (250 Beded)
MaxCure Hospital is among the leading health-care centers across Hyderabad city. It is renowned as one of the best health service providers offering world-class health-care facilities. The hospital strictly follows international standards. It provides many specially designed health care suites that are affordable to common man based on their needs.
Ø Global Hospital: (200 Beded)
Global Hospital is among the top tertiary care health centers in Hyderabad. It has set up an advanced technological base for various types of medical and surgical treatments and diagnostic units, in order to provide efficient medical care for patient welfare. It is equipped with state-of-art surgical units with robotic & minimally invasive surgery features to conduct advanced surgical interventions.
Major diagnostic center in Hyderabad:
- Lucid Medical Diagnostics Pvt Ltd: A comprehensive healthcare facility established in 2007 for the purpose of providing quality laboratory and radiology diagnostic services operational in 23 centres. Lucid partnered with established leaders in the industry of medical equipment manufacture like General Electric (GE) Medical Systems, Abbott.
- Medquest Diagnostics: At SL Medquest Diagnostics Centers in Hyderabad, we always aim to maintain the high standard of service to our patients. Apart from the diagnostic imaging center in Hyderabad, it also has branches in several nearby areas such as Manikonda, Mehdipatnam, Nallakunta, Gachibowli and Madinaguda.
- VHR health Care: Tesla Diagnostics accredited National Accreditation Board for Testing and Collaboration Laboratories (NABL Certificate No: M- 0589), Government of India (ISO 15189-2007) has been providing quality services to our customers from the past couple of decades. Tesla Diagnostics was also awarded the ISO 9001:2008 certification from CISQ federation for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostics testing services.
- Elbit Medical Diagnostic Centre: Elbit is established as a seamless service provider link between doctors, hospitals, in-house consultants and visiting patients, attending to all their medical diagnostic needs. Elbit presently enjoys a noticeable existence in the healthcare industry. We offer a winning combination of contemporary equipment, international technology and effective personal care.
- Apollo Diagnostics: At Apollo Health & Lifestyle Limited, India’s first name in corporate healthcare, ‘good health for all’ is the abiding focus. Recognising the need for high-quality diagnostics to nip developing health problems in the bud, Apollo offers a wide spectrum of tests through its hospital and clinic facilities across the Country.Apollo Diagnostics, a service fully dedicated to providing diagnostics for all age groups.
Healthcare scenario of Hyderabad:
The health care system in Hyderabad, India consists of 50 government hospitals, with bed facility of 5749, and the city has around 165 Private hospitals and up to 4000 clinics and Nursing Homes and 500 diagnostic centers, Total providing up to 12,000 bed spaces in general. The health scenario in Hyderabad is standardized and easily affordable than many other cities in India. The majority of residents prefer treatment at private health sector and the proportion of 28% of residents uses government facilities, due to far distance locations, poor quality of patient care and extreme waiting time.
Healthcare development in Hyderabad:
Small and budget hospitals (50 beds) are opening by the day in big numbers. Several middle and large sized hospitals (200 beds and above) have either come up or are setting up their facilities. Existing top corporate hospitals have expanded to other parts of the city and added beds. And yet, despite the leap in hospital beds, more or less, all corporate hospitals are running full. By the last count, industry observers assert that 12 to 15 super-speciality hospitals (200 beds and above) are coming up along the Shamshabad-Hi-tech city stretch. The total investment that is expected to pour in through these projects is between Rs.1,000 to Rs.1,200 crore, in the next few years.
In this decade, Hyderabad has witnessed a steep growth in population by almost five million. And, apparently, the metropolitan area alone has a population close to 6.5 million. “To be able to service this population, Hyderabad requires about 25,000 hospital beds and at present, estimates suggest that there are 10,000 to 12,000 hospital beds and that too majority may not be in the higher secondary or tertiary care
if you need any support in planning and designing of a new hospital you can contact us: Hospaccx healthcare business consulting Pvt. Ltd on: firstname.lastname@example.org . Or you can visit our website www.hhbc.in.