Are you planning to build or restructure or venture in any healthcare venture in Kanpur? Looking for information about the major healthcare players in Government, Private diagnostic centers that are available in Pune ? Are you looking to find out which part of the of the city’s is best to venture in or what all facilities are available and what all should be planned for new setup? In this article Hospaccx Healthcare Consultancy has mapped all on major players in terms of medical facilities and healthcare scenario in Kanpur, UP India.
Below is the superficial and macro level survey if you need a refined market and financial feasibility or any other study related to healthcare is required you can contact Hospaccx Healthcare business consulting Pvt. ltd on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Or you can visit our website on www.hhbc.in
A comprehensive market report on Kanpur’s Healthcare
Kanpur ‘The Manchester of East’ is the second largest city in the state of Uttar Pradesh after Lucknow. It is one of the important educational center of Uttar Pradesh because of IIT, Harcourt Butler Technical University (HBTI), Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Medical College (GSVM) etc. Kakadeo, Kanpur is also the second largest coaching hub for engineering & medical aspirants after Kota. Kanpur is also home to three major Defense Factories: Ordnance Factory, Small Arms & Field gun Factory.
Kanpur is the twelfth most crowded city in India. Kanpur has an estimated population of 3.78 million.(2018)
Hinduism is majority religion in Kanpur city with 78.03% followers. Islam is second most popular religion in the city of Kanpur with approximately 19.29% following it. In Kanpur city, Christianity is followed by 0.46%, Jainism by 0.20%, Sikhism by 1.01% and Buddhism by 1.01%.
The Kanpur urban had a literacy rate of 83.98% and a sex ratio of 842.
Per Capita capital expenditure in Kanpur: Kanpur was at 3rd place in per capita capital expenditure after Mumbai & Pune.
Airway: Nearest Airport to Kanpur is Chaudhary charan Singh Airport, Lucknow (80 kms.)
Railway: Kanpur Central is a major railhead and is among the busiest railway stations in the country. Rail routes connect it to all major cities in the state and all over the country.
By Road: 4 National Highways NH 2, NH 25, NH 86 & NH 91 are connecting different parts of the country.
Major Corporates in Kanpur
Kanpur is famous for its Leather & Textile Industries.
- Jagran Prakashan Ltd.
- JK Cement Ltd.
- Leayan Global pvt Ltd.
- Kothari Products Ltd.
- Red Chief Footwear
Growth Plan of Kanpur
Kanpur Development Authority is planning to develop additional 337 Sq.Km. for the growth of city. In the master plan 2021, provision for inner and outer ring road, New terminals, Vegetable and grain markets, Development of new colonies in close proximity to commercial hub are proposed.
Healthcare Scenario in Kanpur
Kanpur is among the leading cities with high maternal, infant and prenatal mortality rates. Among the prevalent non communicable diseases there are COPD, Gastritis, Arthritis, Gout & Hypertension & among communicable diseases, TB, Tetanus, Measles, Malaria, Filariasis, Typhoid, Hepatitis & Leprosy. Infant mortality rate in Kanpur is 36/1000 live birth & Maternal Mortality rate is 240/100000 live birth.
Healthcare Infrastructure in Kanpur
1) Medical Colleges & Hospital
- Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital: L.L.R Hospital (previously known as Hallet Hospital) is attached to the G.S.V.M. Medical College. It was established in 1943, with departments in Medicine, Medicine I.C.U, Surgery, Burn Unit, Orthopedics, E.N.T, Ophthalmology, Skin & V.D, Casualty, Emergency, I.C.U. There are around 1055 beds in the hospital.
- Ramadevi medical college & hospital: MCI Approved Medical College with a 500 bedded multispeciality hospital.
2) Leading Private Hospitals in Kanpur
- Regency Hospital: Established in 1995, A 500 bedded multispecialty tertiary care corporate hospital at Sarvoday Nagar, Kanpur. Hospital has speciality in Oncology, Gastroenterology, Renal Care & Transplant, Orthopaedics, Emergency & Trauma & Neurology.
- Kanpur Medical Centre: Established in 1989, A 101 bedded general hospital at Lajpat Nagar, Kanpur with speciality in Gastroenterology.
- Kulwanti Hospital & Research Center: Established in 1990, A 100 bedded multispecialty hospital with critical care unit, Paediatrics, Pulmonary diseases care at Kakadeo, Kanpur.
- Ratnadeep Hospital & Research Center: Established in 2005, A 100 bedded super specialty hospital with ICU, CCU, NICU, Plastic Surgery & Dialysis unit at Rawatpur Railway Crossing.
- Madhuraj Hospital: A 99 bedded multispeciality hospital with IVF Facility ICSI, Blastocyst Culture, Vitreoretinal Disease Diagnosis, Cryopreservation, Surgical Sperm Retrieval, Fertility Tests for Women, Fertility Tests for Men at Swaroop Nagar, Kanpur
- Madhulok Hospital: A 80 bedded multispeciality hospital with speciality in mother & child care at Kidwai nagar Kanpur.
- Kidwai Nagar
- Harsh Nagar
- Mediscan x ray pathology & ultrasound
- Apoorva diagnostic centre
- Usha pathology x-ray & ultrasound centre
- Dr lal path labs
- Mediscan x ray pathology & ultrasound
Kanpur has made striking progress in health standards still, many feel that the budgetary resources for the health sector should be increased. There is lot of scope for new hospitals & corporate to come & invest in Kanpur as Kanpur is lacking in having good Multi specialty tertiary care hospitals & this will also help Kanpur to make a significant impact in the country’s health scenario.
if you need any support in planning and designing of a new hospital you can contact us: Hospaccx healthcare business consulting Pvt. Ltd on: email@example.com. Or you can visit our website www.hhbc.in.