Ayurveda is a system of medicine with historical roots in the Indian subcontinent. Globalized and modernized practices derived from Ayurveda traditions are a type of alternative medicine. The Ayurvedic Hospital are duty-bound to organize all activities related to Ayurvedic treatment.
Considering the above facts, Hospaccx team participates in ‘Planning and Designing of Ayurvedic Hospital’. This is macroficial study of Ayurvedic Hospital planning and designing if you want to get into more detail you can contact [email protected]
Designing of Ayurvedic Hospital
- The location for the Ayurvedic hospital shall be a plot of sufficient space for its infrastructure facilities.
- The hospital shall be established at a place easily accessible by road.
- The minimum space required for a 100 bedded hospital should be minimum 20,000 Sq. ft. (covered).
- The hospital shall be suitably spacious to accommodate Out Patient Department and In Patient Department and wards in addition to reception, patients’ waiting area, dispensing room, dressing room, clinical laboratory, radiology section, side pharmacy, kitchen, service rooms, medical record-room, Panchar karma therapy section, Ksharsutra therapy section, Operation Theatre, Labour Room, Store Rooms, separate wards for male and female, Duty rooms for Doctors, Nurses and other staff etc. required for a fully functional hospital.
- Building occupies an important role in infrastructure. The building for Ayurveda Hospital shall be eco-friendly and suitable to the local surroundings.
- The windows and doors shall ensure good air circulation and entry of light.
- The building shall have easy access to the main entrance through a ramp for wheel chairs.
Flooring- Eco-friendly tile
- An Eco-friendly tile replaces the conventional flooring and uses less energy in their production.
- It is cheap as compare to the conventional tile.
- This tile improves performance of indoor environment quality.
Bricks: Eco-friendly construction bricks from hematite tailings and fly ash
- The conventional bricks are made from the mixture of mud and soil along with water. After giving shape it must be baked in high temperature in fire that needs a high quantity of wood. These all materials are costly as well as causing harm to our ecosystem badly.
- Fly ash and iron ore tailings are the waste products from the iron industries that should be dumped by the industries as their by-product. Now a day’s fly ash bricks are easily available in cheap cost and can be used as an alternative for the conventional bricks.
- So, fly ash and iron ore tailings should be used as new raw material for building. They are more affective resource recovery alternative also an attractive method for energy saving and environmental protection.
Fabrics for bed sheets and curtains- Fabrics produced by Aloe Vera, Jute, Bamboo, Banana, Cotton
- The artificial fabric materials are used by everyone extensively as clothes, curtains, bed sheets etc. in hospitals and therapeutic centers. Artificial fibers cause allergies to several people and also, they are not good for health beside that after their disposal they are causing pollution and thus harm to the environment.
- Natural fibers have intrinsic properties such as mechanical strength, low weight and healthier to the wearer that has made them particularly attractive. The fabrics made from eco fibers can be worn by any one as they do not have any irritating chemicals in them. Hence the usage of eco fibers and organic are the best solution to keep our earth clean and to minimize the global warming.
Paint: VOC free Paint
- Painting is the coat which is exposed continuously to the patient and the people working in the hospital and therapeutic center building. It emits several chemicals and vapor to the air what we breathe.
- VOC components in hospitals and work spaces can negatively affect the health. House hold things such as tables, chairs, wardrobe and paints on wall contains harmful chemicals that contains volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which are toxic in nature.
- So, to make the Ayurvedic Hospital eco-friendly, healthy and environmentally safe alternatives such as low or zero-VOC paints should be used.
Planning & Ayurvedic Hospital
Outdoor Patient Departments available in Ayuvedic Hospital
The hospital shall have minimum eight following Out Patient Departments:
- Kayachikitsa (General medicine, medicine of the body)
- Panchakarma (Physiotherapy)
- Shalya Tantra (Surgery)
- Shalakya Tantra (two rooms for Out Patient Departments):
- Netra Roga Vibhaga (Opthalmology)
- Karna-Nasa-Mukha evam Danta Roga Vibhaga (ENT & Dentistry)
- Prasooti evum Striroga (Gynaecology, Obstetrics)
- Kaumarabhritya (Balaroga) (Paediatrics)
- Swasthavritta evum Yoga (Social and Preventative Medicine)
- Aatyayika (Emergency)
In-Patient Department available in Ayuvedic Hospital
- Kayachikitsa & Panchkarma
The indoor departments of the hospital shall have separate male and female wards and ideal distribution of beds shall be as follows:
- The minimum bed strength for a teaching hospital attached to Ayurvedic College should be 100 for upto admission strength of 50 students per annum.
- The minimum bed strength for admission of above 50 and upto 60 will be 120. For admissions above 60 the bed strength for above 60 admissions should be 1:3. Thus for 70 admission strength, the minimum bed requirement will be 120+30 = 150. Likewise, it will be 120+60 = 180 beds. For admissions of 100 students in a college the minimum bed strength will be 120+120 = 240.
- Minimum of two toilets are required in the Hospitals.
- The size of the toilet shall be a minimum of 2.5 sq. meters.
- A toilet shall be built adjacent to the doctor’s diagnosis room and one for office staff.
- In addition three more toilets shall be arranged for the use of the patients, one for men, and the other for women and third for the physically challenged.
- Physically challenged shall be in such a way that a patient could enter it in a wheel chair.
To conclude, it is desirable to build eco-friendly Ayurvedic Hospital. If we follow above mentioned guidelines while constructing Ayurvedic Hospital, Patients can be treated in more natural environment.
Are you planning to design Ayurvedic Hospital? We can help you to design your dream project, below are the healthcare design services that we offer:-
- Healthcare Architecture Design services
- MEP Design
- Landscape Design services
- Structural Design services
- Interior Design services
It is the superficial and macro level study for more details kindly contact Hospaccx Healthcare business consulting Pvt. ltd on [email protected] or [email protected] or you can visit our website on www.hhbc.in