National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India (QCI), set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. The board is structured to cater to much desired needs of the consumers and to set benchmarks for progress of health industry. The board while being supported by all stakeholders including industry, consumers, government, have full functional autonomy in its operation.
Considering the above facts, Hospaccx team work on the impact of NABH on skills of hospital staff. This is macroficial study of Impact of NABH on Skill enhancements of hospital staff, if you want to get into more detail you can contact [email protected]
HISTORY OF NABH
- NABH was established in the year 2006.
- First edition for quality standards was released in the year of establishment 2006.
- As per the NABH policy, the regulations for quality standards are subject for revision every three years.
- The latest edition of standards was released in December 2015.
- Interesting fact – Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences (MIMS), in the state of Kerala was the first recipient of NABH accreditation under the private category in the year 2007 and Gandhinagar General Hospital was first accredited by NABH under the public category in 2009.
- NABH regulated the standards for certain vital functionalities of a hospital and health care providers which includes patient care, medication offered to patients, educating patients, patients right to information and access, controlling infections, overall responsibilities of management, safety guidelines, information management and most importantly human resources management.
BENEFITS OF NABH ACCREDITATION
- It results in high quality of care and patient safety.
- It results in a consistent protection of rights of patients and medical ethics.
- It stimulates continuous improvement and enables a hospital to demonstrate commitment to quality care.
- It raises community confidence in the services provided by the hospital. It also provides opportunity to healthcare units to benchmark with the best.
- It provides continuous learning, good working environment, leadership, and above all ownership of clinical processes.
- It improves overall professional development of clinicians and paramedical staffs and provides leadership for quality improvement within medicine and nursing.
- It provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other third parties.
- It brings higher level of confidence among patients and specifically corporates for delivering quality health care services.
NABH IMPACT ON SKILLS OF HOSPITAL STAFF
- Periodical training and development sessions are conducted to train the staff on the latest knowledge and technologies to render efficient service.
- Results in greater staff satisfaction as it provides an opportunity for continuous learning, good working environment and ownership of clinical processes.
- It also helps recruitment activities as the staff prefers to work with an accredited organization over a non- accredited organization.
- It ensures staff efficiency, accountability and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Accreditation bodies provide continuous support and training to accredited organization.
- The staff in an accredited hospital is sensitized over quality and patient safety.
- It improves overall professional development of clinicians and para medical staff and provides leadership for quality improvement with medicine and nursing.
- Standards are pre requisite for the promotion of safe, effective, competent and ethical nursing care. They help the individual nursing practitioner to evaluate the services being provided by them and also act as a catalyst for self-regulation and improvement.
Quality of care or services has become an essential part of the management and evaluation of health care. It has become a prime consideration to ensure patient satisfaction. Therefore, NABH promotes continual training and development program for hospital staff helps in improving the service quality in healthcare units and increase patient satisfaction.
Are you planning for NABH of your Healthcare organisation?
We can help you in obtaining JCL, NABH and NABL accreditation with our professional approach for your healthcare organisation, below are the services that we offer:-
- Gap assessment and analysis based on JCI, NABH and NABL, assess current infrastructure, human resource, equipment, documentation, and staff orientation for Accreditation norms and help to fill those gaps.
- Assist in developing and reviewing the hospital plan for Accreditation at various stages of the project.
- Assist the organization and teams by guiding them in the development of Quality Assurance Program.
- Assist in the development of Documents in collaboration with hospital staff (SOPs, Manuals, and Policies, instructions for the hospital, departments and infection control.
- Assist in the development of Record Keeping Program.
- Organize Training programs of pre-identified staff throughout the accreditation preparation process.
- Develop performance indicators, data collection and its analysis.
- Monitor accreditation program activities, documentation, and effectiveness of training programs and organize refresher training programs as per need identified.
It is the superficial and macro level study for more details kindly contact Hospaccx Healthcare business consulting Pvt. ltd on [email protected] or [email protected] Or you can visit our website on www.hhbc.in