Neurology is the branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles. Specialist care for adult services is provided by consultant neurologists working within a network of health professionals (see below for list of health professionals who work with neurologists).
People with a neurological illness should easily be able to access a neurology network that includes services at a district general hospital, neurology centre or a regional neurosciences centre. Neurologists provide a clinical lead for teams within the network, coordinating the patient’s clinical pathway and working in partnership with patients.
Neurological disorders are diseases of the brain, spine and the nerves that connect them.Neurology hospital is a single speciality hospital that provide services exclusively for neurological problems & injuries.
Considering the above facts, Hospaccx team participates in ‘NeurologyHospital Planning and Designing’. This is macroficial study of Neurology Hospital planning and designing if you want to get into more detail you can contact [email protected]
Planning of Neurology Hospital
Designing of neuro-OPD is same as that of regular OPD. Every reception desk should have a welcoming design that allows interaction among staff, patients, and families, but the design goals should also include reducing the ability for a patient or visitor to leap over the desk and grab a staff member.
Separate Room should be provided for Electroencephalogram (EEG) diagnosis.
Any accident cases in which patient is having brain injury can be treated in neuro-emergency department.
Structure of Neuro-emergency department is same as that of any emergency department.
MRI Room: layout& designing
- The walls of the magnet room should be constructed in layers and perform several independent functions:
- Magnetic shielding to confine the fringe field
- Acoustic shielding to restrict noise transmission to the control room and beyond
- Radio-frequency shielding to prevent electromagnetic noise from entering or leaving the room.
- Equipment Room should be located immediately adjacent to the Magnet Room, this contains a half dozen or more devices distributed in 3-4 cabinets that control and support the magnet operation. All serviceable equipment should be located outside the Scanning Room.
- Control Room should be immediately outside the magnet room. It contains the operator console, keyboard, communication devices, EKG and oxygen monitors and computer equipment that controls the scanner (box on floor at lower right of desk).
- 4’0” wide RF door into Scanning Room coordinated radio frequency and magnetic shielding requirements with equipment manufacturer.
- Acoustical Ceiling Tiles are preferred.
- Nonferrous material for piping, ductwork, and hangers should be provided inside the shielding enclosure, as well as in all associated dampers. An automatic / manual emergency exhaust system (minimum 12 AC/HR) should be provided.The emergency exhaust fan is activated either automatically by the MRI alarm panel or manually by wall mounted switch, one in the MRI Scanning Room and one in the MRI Control Room. Shutoff the return air whenever the emergency exhaust fan is activated. This emergency exhaust fan should be on emergency power.
- Neuro interventional laboratory should be ideally situated close to neuro-imaging department as well as to the neuro-emergency department.
- Basic equipment and laboratory need to be located in a setting that provides electrical service, air conditioning, air exchange, sterile conditions, room and task lighting, telephone, computer, and patient amenities required for these types of procedures.
- The interventional laboratory should also factor in accessory components such as:
- Staff changing areas
- Tele-stroke station
- Computers for ease of access to medical records
- Conference areas
- Patient holding rooms
- Family counselling areas
- Service door & double leaf door should be lined with minimum 2.00mm lead.
- All walls of examination room should be minimum 23cm (9” thick).
- Examination Table
- Monitor Trolley
- Overhead rails
- Fixed Radiation Shield
- Control Unit
- Additional Electronics
- Lead Glass Viewing window 120cm x 80cm with 2.00 mm lead equivalence
Other departments which has to be considered while planning neurology hospital:
Structure of Neurosurgery OT&Neuro-Critical Care is almost same as that of any OT & ICU from general hospital.
Neuro-rehabilitation is a complex medical process which aims to aid recovery from a nervous system injury, and to minimize and/or compensate for any functional alterations resulting from it.
While planning a neurology hospital, Neuro-interventional cathlab & Neuro-imaging are the two departments which should be mandatorily considered as they play crucial role in a diagnosis of neurological diseases. Separate room should be provided in OPD for EEG diagnosis.
Are you planning to design Neurology Hospital? We can help you to design your dream project, below are the healthcare design services that we offer:-
- Healthcare Architecture Design services
- MEP Design
- Landscape Design services
- Structural Design services
- Interior Design services
It is the superficial and macro level study for more details kindly contact Hospaccx Healthcare business consulting Pvt. ltd on [email protected] or [email protected] or you can visit our website on www.hhbc.in